The EmD (emotional disability) certificate in special education specializing in emotional and behavioral disorders prepares teachers to be interventionist in the field of Emotional Behavior Disorders in order to address the needs of individual with EmD rulings.
The certificate focuses on meeting the needs of individual students who have emotional and behavioral disorders. Upon completion of the certificate, teachers are prepared to assess, analyze and problem solve the challenges of learning for students with emotional & behavioral disorders and their families, focusing on the objective of providing effective teaching practices, behavioral supports, and instructional strategies.
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- Have a completed bachelor's degree
- Hold a teacher certification in Special Education
Complete the online Application for Graduate Admission to apply to the Certificate in Emotional Disability, which can be found under the Teacher Education heading.
- EDSP 676: Education and Psychology of Individuals with Behavior Problems—Fall Online
- EDSP 678: Positive Behavior Support—Spring Online
- EDSP 680: Applied Behavior Analysis and Management—Summer Online
- EDSP 653: Practicum and Field Experiences with Exceptionalities—Summer Online
For More Information
Denise A. Soares
318 Guyton Hall